Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Me Want!

Sony Alpha A700
If I were to get anything that I don't need that's over $1000 it would be a DSLR camera. I've been wanting one for so long, but I just can't convince myself to put that kind of cash down for something `i'd probably only use about 30 times a year.

But I think after using my dad's DSLR, I'm almost ready to buy one. Half of the reason I don't take so many pictures now is because I feel so limited with only 24 exposures and I have to wait for development. My compact camera just doesn't capture the dynamic depth of field or have the ability to use different lenses for different situations. So if I'm ever feeling arty, I always lean towards an SLR.

And the DSLR I am leaning towards most is the Sony Alpha A700. It works with my existing Minolta lenses and has built in image stabilization. This comes only in the lens with Canon, and that really increases the cost of ownership of a Canon. The noise level at ISO 1600 is better than the EOS 20D and they say the light metering on the camera is spectacular. As soon as this camera hits $1000, I'm gonna buy it. Right now it's $1199, but I figure it'll drop pretty quickly as soon as they release their flagship model. I can't wait.

Picture taken with Sony Alpha

No comments: