Sunday, February 3, 2008

Leeks

So today I bought a couple leeks. Why? you ask.... Well because I wanted to try a new vegetable that I haven't tried before. And a couple months ago I saw an episode on Leeks on the Food network. They are in the onion family, but they don't cause the tears that onions normally cause because they don't have the compound that is found in other onions. So this will be fun! I don't know what I'm going to make, but I'm sure it will be delicious. I may make a leek soup. hmm. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Potato Leek soup is tasty, make that! :)

Speaking of onions that don't bother your eyes, yesterday I cut up 3 spanish onions and 1 red onion and it didn't irritate my eyes at all. I'm not sure why, the only reason I can think of is that my Contacts possibly blocked the reaction that onions usually gives them. -Kristin