Thursday, November 26, 2009

So I got to thinking

Once you enter the working world. Time passes a heck of a lot quicker than it did when you had your life evenly divided into classes, semesters, and years. Now you pretty much just have years, and day to day and week to week and even month to month kind of just meld together. There really aren't as many milestones and really there seem to be less memory making moments. So It has become obvious that my perception of time passing has been greatly accelerated. I mean I created this blog about 3 years ago. I think but I still feel like it wasn't that long ago. I've had my camera for over a year, but it still feels brand spanking new. I've been working out daily for almost 4 years now, and I can't believe it.

Why does life have to pass by so quickly? I like life. I love living it. Why can't it just take a moment and slow down? I really miss the feeling where it took so long to get through one semester and each phase of school was broken down into a few year increments... I mean it really made it so easy to break apart the time. Every day now, I drive to the same place, work in the same cube, and talk to the same people. Nothing changes. So it would appear that I forget a lot. There is nothing memorable happening. It's scary. I remember my relationship I am in, but there are so few distinct milestones, it is all melded together. It's crazy. But still, I love life, in all its phases. I will take every day and try to enjoy it one day at a time.

No comments: