Tuesday, May 25, 2010

what a fun ride...

Well, Over the past month I had campaigned to become what they call a Chevy Rider and I got pretty far! It was a fun experience and although it would've been nice to make it all the way, it was still fun pushing myself to see how far I could make it! The Chevy Riders are a group of people that go around to events and around town in the latest Chevrolet cars and advertise events, give away prizes, and of course show off the cars!

The contest started with me filling out an application, then I was selected as one of the top 100 finalists. I was then instructed to get all my friends, family and random strangers I could think of to vote for me to win. So I did just that. I made it into the top 25. Then I pushed a little harder and made it into the final 10. At this point I was contacted for an in person interview and live trial. Both of which were super fun and I realized I would've been good at doing promotions. In the end I was not selected due to my current workload. But as far as I can tell everybody who saw me work thought I did a great job and I walked away with a new sense of accomplishment!

No comments: