Saturday, June 28, 2008

The foundation is up

Well now that things have gotten started, they're really rolling! They've almost completed the foundation. On They will be pouring the basement walls. This is all very exciting! Well it is to me. I bet you're yawning right now, but that's OK :) There will be more updates of this kind in the future, I'm sure. My general contractor is really doing a good job penny pinching so that I can get a couple necessities added to the house for resale, so hopefully I'll be able to sell it if the market stays where it is for a couple years.

Kristin and I drove around the area today and every time I do I am excited to explore it more. I'm less than a mile away from a river and there a bunch of riverfront cottages just down the road from me. It was such a beautiful area. I feel like it's a vacation home community. I'm sure a few people have weekend homes out here. It's not that far from downtown, but probably far enough for some people to feel removed from the hustle and bustle of the city. So it's a pretty calm area. I am told that there are hot air baloon launches every weekend from one of the local parks, so that will be really fun to watch and photograph once I move in. There is a lot to be excited about!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Awesome man; congrats! Welcome to the league of super cool homeowners!