Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Porsche 911 Targa 4S


Yesterday I had the opportunity to drive the my personal dream car that I may actually have a chance at owning one day. This wonderful example of German engineering was the Porsche 911 Targa 4S with a manual transmission. Of all the Porsches, I think this is the most practical. It has all wheel drive, 385HP, and a fully glass roof that retracts into the back window. This car has a top speed of around 180MPH and you can tell the second you start driving it. You can cruise at 65MPH in third gear (of six) at under 3000 RPMS (the red line is 7000RPM) So 3000 RPM is pushing the engine about as much as 2000-2500 RPM in most cars. Needless to say, if you press on the gas pedal, you'll definitely notice that you are at 65MPH in under 5 seconds. I had a little sticker shock when the dealer told me that the particular model I was in was around $120,000. However, you can get your own for the "bargain" price of $101,100. Being as young as I am, I feel honored to have even drove such a wonderful car and If I ever get the kind of money to buy a car in that price range, this one will be on the top of my list.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Test driving cars is fun can't wait to go to Susan G. Koman's Drive for the Cure again this year for BMW with you.