Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Recent Photography Adventures

I haven't been keeping up with my blogging, but I haven't just disappeared into a hole. In recent weeks and months I've been getting more involved in photography clubs. It really has been a great learning experience so far. Although it has tempted me on several occasions to spend mega cash on new camera parts! But If I'm patient I'll get them eventually. Maybe next month ;)

On Monday I went to Gary, Indiana and met with a bunch of "photogs" at the now abandoned City Methodist Church. We had a grunge themed photo shoot and we tried to focus on using natural light. However, I couldn't resist using my off camera flash to enhance the dramatic effect. I got some really awesome shots. But see for yourself...

This shot was kind of inspired by the movie Carrie
The deteriorated state of the church really was captured in this wide angle shot
The lockers are a bit too rusty for your average school, but can't you see such a character at such a run down school?Maybe one of my favorite shots...

No comments: