Wednesday, August 1, 2007

computers are smarter than people

Today my belief that computers were smarter than people was reaffirmed. I went to order pizza from Pizza Hut for delivery. I told the guy over the phone my address and he said I was out of their range. I figured this was a bunch of bull because they're about a mile away from me. But I decided to call the other Pizza Hut that is a mile away in the other direction in another suburb. The lady who answered said that they could not take an order because I was in the other suburb. So I gave up talking with people and placed my order online. The system automatically selected the first Pizza Hut I called. 25 minutes later, I had my pizza! The computer knows where I live and the computer can see that I'm only a mile away from the first location and it placed the order for me. Good riddance to human error!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That is so funny, who needs humans afterall!