Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Seattle

I'm in Seattle for work and I've already relived one of my wonderful food memories I have been wishing to have again. Last night I ate at Typhoon, a Thai restaurant. I had the Royal Duck with a sweet red curry sauce. It was the best. And for only $17 it was even more scrumptious! Last time I was there in 2006 I ate dish with scallops and shrimp in Chinese dumplings in a green curry sauce on a bed of fried spinach. I loved that meal too. I hope I can make it there again before I leave.

The Embassy Suites is friggin awesome. They have an upgraded exercise room where all the treadmills and ellipticals have their own LCD TVs! Last time I was there I was disappointed by the two old treadmills and rusty weights. Now they have 3 plus 2 ellipticals, and a couple bikes! The complimentary cooked to order breakfast really can't be beat. And if you are on the ambassador floor you get extra snacks, free internet, and the drinks in the mini fridge are also free!

It's in the 40s/50s here but everything is green and there are flowers everywhere. So it feels more like spring than home does. I am looking forward to going around taking pictures this weekend. It'll be a blast!

No comments: