Thursday, June 14, 2007

On an impulse

In the past few days, I have almost bought the following things on impulse:


I decided against all of these purchases for one main reason. I still haven't bought my house ;) Other reasons that were also subsets of the main reason include: Where would I store my old TV/Furniture?, Throwing away non-broken things is dumb, Will I ever use 3/4 of the tools in my apartment?

I do this a lot, but luckily I talk myself out of buying any of these things 90% of the time. My most recent impulse buys were my Emerilware cookware set, Bosch compact multi-function kitchen tool, and my Apple MacBook Pro. The one thing in common about all the things I end up buying vs the ones I don't is that I tend to use the things I buy a lot, and the ones I don't I probably wouldn't use that much. However, I'd use the HDTV a lot, but I would not use the 1080p HD functionality, so it is a waste until I upgrade my cable :) And the MacBook really was only purchased because my old laptop's battery would no longer charge and there was no power button on it anymore!

No comments: