Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Meet the interns

So apparently I'm going to mentor one of the four interns for our team. Well that's great because I totally am bogged down with my 30 min of daily work. I swear I can't tell how old kids are these days because I could've sworn they looked my age. However, they are all high school graduates. So I think I am starting to get the old man syndrome where I think I look younger than I really do.

Another weird thing is that none of the interns look like computer-types. They look like the cooler crowd or at least non-geek crowd. I miss the good ol-days where I was surrounded by a bunch of nerds in high school. Also 2/4 of the interns are females, and there was definitely not a 50% male to female ratio in my school. Times are changing, and for an old dog like me, I think it's time to throw in the towel and start yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

Old Man Gripes:

  1. Kids these days need to eat more
  2. What ever happened to the good ol' nerd engineer?
  3. Those interns are all making too much for their age
  4. GET OFF MY LAWN

No comments: